Thursday, August 6, 2009

Online Applications

I tried out Zoho Show and was able to begin a power point document about a geography assignment. It was quick and easy to put together the slides because they had many themes to choose from and visuals to add. You could add in clip art images and symbols and you have the ability to rotate these visuals. You can sort your slides and add your own images or import some from the web. You can save your presentation and choose to keep it private or share it with others. I have never made a power point document before, so it was nice it play around with this application. I would recommend this for people who’ve never made a power point presentation. It is an easy application to use.

Zoho Writer allows you to simultaneously collaborate with others on a particular project. You can embed media from flickr, youtube, and others. With this application you can create, edit, and store all of your documents on line. They have obvious features, similar to Microsoft Word, such as bolding, italicizing, and underlining text, changing text and background color, etc. It keeps a history of your document, so if you want to revert to a previous version it is not a problem. I like the idea that you can tag a document to more than one folder by a simple click of the button. I would recommend this to people who team teach and want to collaborate on a project/lesson plan together.

Picnik is a great online picture editing tool. You can fix over-exposure and red-eye, crop, rotate, and resize your picture. It keeps a history of your changes You can add custom-made effects as well as their choices of seasonal shapes, unusual fonts, and frames. With a premium membership ($24.95/year) you get advanced editing tools, unlimited photo history, priority help support, an as-free experience and much more! I would recommend this as a way for teachers to edit pictures from an activity or field trip.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    I liked Picnik too. It was easy to use and the photo history is a nice feature. Zoho sounds interesting. I too have never done a power point so Iam going to look into this site. Thanks for the heads up!

    Mark P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that you made a power point presentation, because I did the same thing. Now I just need my district to splurge and get a projector for my room. I think I would use then. My wife and I have been using Picnik to edit our pictures for a while. We started using Picasa, but found Picnik had more options to use. We really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete