As Sharon knows, I have found this class very difficult. It has gotten to the point that I dread reading what our next activity is about! When I signed up for this class (and EDT 542) I did not think I would have so many difficulties. I've never been afraid of learning new technology, but I realize I strongly prefer having someone show me as opposed to trying to figure it out on my own. I guess that is immature of me, but honestly, for some of our activities I have sat at the computer for 2 hours trying to figure it out. And come back later and had no success. And it is even more frustrating when I realize that everyone else is finding it easy to do. I keep thinking, what the heck I am missing? Why can't I find the right place to click and make this work?
That said, I love having a blog and adding the different features. I guess I just need more hand holding. For my onsite ed class everyone in the room said, "Don't ever take an EdTech class online, it's too hard! :) I thought, "Great, I'm taking two!" ;)
I have really enjoyed most of our readings, but didn't particularly care for chapter 18 or 21! They didn't seem to apply to me very much.
I believe the skills I have learned in this class will help me get a teaching position. Being able to say that I will communicate with my students and parents with a class blog is fairly impressive. And to think I know how to add links for students to practice theirs skills is cool, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Cindy,
ReplyDeleteI guess I never realized you did not have a teaching position. Good Luck in your search!! Kalamazoo has a few positions posted right now if you are interested you should check it out.
In reagrds to having the skills to do a blog, that will be extremely helpful to you. Be sure to put it in your portfolio. Just last year we spent about 2 hours of meeting time being forced to create a class webpage. So dont worry, you should be ahead of the game now. Maybe even make a class page before you go to an interview so you can show them an example. Again Good Luck in finidng a job!!
Jackie Sowle
Hi Cindy,
ReplyDeleteI know it's a great feeling to have someone hold your hands. I'm fortunate to have some people to help me. I remember I was paranoid using a computer because I thought if I push the wrong button, the screen would go blank and blow up. But I realize that a lot of things we do on the internet has to go through so many confirmations. It seems like there is someone in my computer asking me "Are you sure you want to do this?" everytime I click on a button. As I get more comfortable, this has been very annoying. But this gives us assurance that we can click any button we want to do anything we want knowing someone is watching our backs.
i kind of have the same feelings but with this being my 2nd or 3rd technology class ive learned that the more i concentrate and take my time the better i can do in figuring out the new task each week.And the feeling of accomplish when you get done with an activity is rewarding in itself im sure you would agree. i know some of my stuff is not the best and it could be better but i'm just glad that i touch based on the task and got them done so i can feel comfortable using them in the future.
ReplyDelete